Web Guy Agreement
The Participant is contracting Charles Davel of 5D Creations as a provider of web site maintenance and graphic design services. Services not considered ‘standard website maintenance and graphic design’ are subject to be charged at a regular hourly rate of $100 and will not be considered part of this contract. The hourly charge depends on the plan you choose and any additional hours required to complete requested services will be charged at $100/per hour. 5D Creations will inform you when the number of hours you purchased have been used before continuing. Any number of unused minutes (in increments of 15 minutes) will be added to the following month’s time.
What IS included in this agreement:
- Edit, revise, update or create new minor graphical and/or update new textual content.
- Consultation, and guidance on the use of the web site.
- Regular monitoring and updating to ensure impeccable performance across all major browsers due to the fact that not all browsers render sites in the same way.
- Protection against hackers from gaining access to your site.
- Regular and thorough backups of your site so that it may be fully restored in case of loss.
- We’re here should you need us for consultation and advice.
- Monitoring your website functionality to ensure that everything is working as it should and upgrade where necessary. Some plugins may become outdated and no longer work with the newest version of your website software. Plugins may need upgrading to accommodate the newer version, or become obsolete with the improvements in the website software.
- Downtime is highly inconvenient for any website owner and when it happens it is important to have someone on hand to help. I can assist you by liaising with the hosting company to sort out the situation as quickly as possible.
What is NOT included in this agreement:
- Travel costs/times should you ever want to meet in person.
- CMS design or integration including but not limited to blogs, eCommerce stores, social networks, events calendars, and web forums. These require a separate design agreement.
5D Creations shall provide the Participant with minor updates to the web site and graphic design on an ongoing basis until the contract is terminated. Either party can terminate this contract at any time. The contract will be paid on a monthly basis with each payment due around the date of initial payment of each month. Payments will be processed automatically through Stripe. View Stripe’s Terms of Service.
During the duration of this contract, the Participant agrees that 5D Creations will be the primary provider of website maintenance services and graphic design. If a party other than 5D Creations makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged for at the hourly rate of $100.
Deadlines & Deliverables:
5D Creations will respond to all maintenance requests from the Participant within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends, via email, text, or phone, with a confirmation that the request was received, and an estimated completion date for each action item in the request. Maintenance requests received after 5:00pm Pacific Time may not be completed until the next business day unless prior arrangements have been made. Most work will be done within this time frame, this is mostly precautionary.
5D Creations will adhere to all quoted deadlines for the deliverables in the maintenance requests and graphic design at all possible costs. In the event that 5D Creations has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, the Participant will be notified via email or telephone the reasoning for any change.
Any revisions, additions or redesign the Participant requests 5D Creations to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered “additional” and will require separate agreement and payment. 5D Creations shall advise the Participant on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
The Participant hereby authorizes 5D Creations to access their web hosting account, providing active username / password combinations for access to the server via FTP, assuring that ‘write permissions’ are in place on said hosting provider.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America applicable therein.
Purchasing this membership means you agree to the terms of this document.